GRP|WEGMAN, a nationally recognized Innovative Facility & Energy Solutions company, is looking for an Energy Manager/Utility Coordinator for energy projects, including medium to large (100kW – 2MW) commercial solar projects. This will involve supporting the development/engineering process, and ongoing monitoring of energy and utility bills post-project that may involve new or existing customers in any division within the company.
This position requires an individual with successful Energy Management experience in utility analysis, guaranteed energy savings projects, solar array, design/build solutions-based installation/completions. Good communication and customer management skills are essential to this position. The ability to effectively orchestrate our company’s energy savings processes to provide comprehensive and sustainable energy savings solutions for our customer’s needs is mandatory.
• Analyze utility rates, tariffs, bills, and related requirements, including solar projects.
• Manage and complete customer utility bill analysis reports.
• Assess and complete pre and post energy use intensity (EUI) for energy savings projects
• Benchmark energy consumption pre-installation and monitor energy consumption and solar production post-installation.
• Acquire and log annual utility data usage for multiple projects
• Develop and complete pre and post energy usage reports, (Measurement & Verification Reports) for guaranteed energy savings projects
• Manage and acquire all project utility grant incentives rebates for customers from multiple utility providers in the Midwest
• Assist customers with billing questions and help resolve billing issues with utility providers
• Coordinate meetings with utility suppliers, subcontractors, and government agencies
• Assist engineering with estimating, writing, and presentation of solution-based proposals
• Project development of solar energy and non- solar energy-based solutions for customer needs
• Cultivate effective business relationships with engineers, subcontractors, and company’s employees to provide energy solutions and services to meet the customer’s requirements
• Assist project managers/site superintendents in the planning and implementation of multiple solar and energy related projects
• Follow established Company processes and help develop processes that would improve Company
To function effectively in this position requires an individual to be able to:
• Communicate effectively with remote engineers, solar managers and diverse group of individuals.
• Local travel to job sites and customer facilities, 3–4-hour radius. Some overnight travel will be required.
• Lift and carry packages, tools, and equipment weighing up to 74 pounds.
• Operation of normal office equipment including computers and related support equipment.
• Ability to effectively work remotely from home office, hotel or field locations.
• Experience with and understanding of electric bills and rate structures with and without solar, including net metering, for Ameren Illinois, ComEd, and other Midwest utility providers.
• Bachelor of Science in Energy Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Sustainable & Renewable Energy, Data Science or related degree.
• Experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Experience with CRM Products, Procore, etc….
• Experience with EnergyCap used to oversee and manage energy consumption and saving analysis.
• Experience with Energy Toolbase, Aurora Solar, and Helioscope Software a plus.
• Experience with standard energy calculations a plus.
• Building energy modeling experience, a plus.
• Looking for an individual with at least 2 years of Energy Management experience, plus education in the area and field experience.
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certification a plus.
• Professional Engineering License (PE) or path to PE in IL/MO a plus.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• 401(k) Plan - Employer matches 100% of the first 3% of wages and 50% of the next 2% of wages. Eligible to participate the first quarter following completion of 90 days of qualifying employment.
• Employer funded health, dental and vision plan
• Paid time off and holidays
• Excellent culture of respect and teamwork
Click the button below to email your resume and interest in this position. Please include the position you are applying in the title of the email.