Scope: GRP performs preventive maintenance and repairs to various areas throughout the St. Louis Zoo campus such as: 125 ton chiller in the penguin and puffin house, 150 ton chiller in sea lion basin, and 75 ton chiller in polar bear basin.
The City of Edwardsville had faced multiple equipment failures resulting in costly repairs over time at their City Hall Building. GRP|WEGMAN partnered with the City of Edwardsville to create an HVAC system replacement/retrofit plan. Our team was able to quickly design new systems for both floors of the building in a two-phased approach and get a proposal over by the next city council meeting. With tax payers in mind, GRP|WEGMAN utilized as much of the existing systems as possible while improving the overall HVAC system quality of the building to be more efficient and save on energy costs. This project was completed on schedule and met budget while improving air quality and enabling proper zone controls. Total Scope Value: $370,000
Weber Workforce Center
• Furnished all labor and material to install new 4160v primary feeder from the north campus feed to a new 4160v to 480v pad mount transformer located north/west of the new building.
• Furnished all labor and material to complete the installation of the a new 1600amp 480v main panel. This also included various panels throughout the building to control all the new welding equipment, lighting and necessary general-purpose loads.
• Furnished all labor and material to install ceiling hung bus duct to accommodate the new welding equipment.
• Furnished labor and material to install 4 new 1kw helical wind turbines and associated brakes, diversion loads and inverters.
• Furnished labor and material to install all new lighting in classrooms, hallways, restrooms, lab and testing areas.
• Furnished labor and material to install all new outdoor lighting around the building and on the site, which includes walk way bollard lighting.
• Furnished labor and material to install color changing LED lighting around the east, south and west of the building. This lighting can have up to 1024 different color combinations. Lewis and Clark have selected them based on themes. I.E. Breast Cancer awareness, Christmas Colors, Autism awareness among many others.
• Furnished labor and material to install all automatic lighting controls to accommodate the IEC for energy usage.
• Furnished labor and material to install a fully functional fire alarm system that reports back to the main security building.
• Furnished labor and material to install a fully functional card access system.
• Furnished labor and material to install 25 cameras in the building and around the building, monitored by the campus.
• Furnished labor and material to install a fully functional voice data cabling system, tested and certified.
Crafts Utilized: Local 649 IBEW Inside Wireman, VDV technicians.
Subcontractors: RCS Construction-excavation, Paul Pfeiffer Excavation-pole bases and excavation. Budrovich-Crane and operator for wind turbine installation.
Safety: All employees completed the LCCC safety training and continued to adhere to all that training along with Wegman Electrics safety policies. There were no accidents or recordables. Weekly safety meetings were conducted by the general contractor. Audits were performed randomly, and all safety procedures were up to our strict guidelines.